Friday 29 October 2010

The one in Pocahontas County.

If you've ever been there, it's no secret that Pocahontas County is one of the most brilliantly beautiful places in WV.  I have fond memories of insanely long Sunday drives with my family and often enough we'd end up in Pocahontas County.  I remember trips to Cass, Greenbank, Watoga, Beartown, and picnics on Droop Mountain. One visit I remember being afraid of a log cabin type building at Droop, and my cousins told me that I shouldn't go near it because  an old witch with red stringy hair and a ghost lived inside it.  That was enough for me to stick with the swings and the slide for the rest of the day, but I did keep looking over my shoulder at that building.  Chris, Paul and Jason(my cousins) all decided to walk over to it. Cut to  a chubby girl with purple sweat pants saying,"Guys, I don't think this is a good idea." That girl being me.  I thought they were crazy. If they wanted to venture over to that cabin and have  a stringy red headed witch and ghost jump out, grab them and eat there guts, then they could go without me. I went back to the table and had a brownie and wiped the crumbs on my purple sweat pants.  They lived to tell about it, but I do remember two of  them running back from the cabin really, really fast saying they heard something.  I'm pretty sure that had something to do with the one who came back a little later laughing. 
Anyway, I was thinking about that story as I met up with  a great group who had decided on doing mini sessions at Droop Mountain State Park.  I had about 20 to 25 minutes with everyone. It was a nice change of pace and it couldn't have gone better. I couldn't have asked for a better group.  You guys all rocked.  
And oh, before I forget, since I'm no longer the girl that wears purple sweat pants and says things like,"Guys, I don't think this is a good idea," I walked up to that cabin before I left for home.  I peeked in and saw a blur of red flash in front of me.  I could never swear to it, but I thought I heard some one laugh too, but I was running too fast to my car to really think about anything but preserving my guts.


How could you just not totally eat him up? 



I love this one :) 


0 comments:

Blog Archive

Copyright

All images are copyright protected & all rights reserved by Pixel Pixie Photography.
No stealing please - it's illegal!

Also thanks to Holly @pinkinkstudios.net for the wonderful
background.

  © Blogger template 'The Lake' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP